How to understand B2B software buyers’ internal process
What is the buyer’s internal process?
Most of these buyers (89%) have a documented process for purchasing software that follows a path from identifying a need to implementation. This is especially true for larger companies.
1) Make sure your sales team ASKS what the process is whenever possible.
2) Document this and look for similarities and differences. Do all of your buyers follow a similar process or are there a couple of different behaviors that would necessitate unique sales and marketing processes?
3) Brainstorm how you can adjust your sales and marketing activities to better reflect your buyers’ process.
4) Don’t spread yourself too thin. Before making any adjustments to your marketing process, evaluate whether it makes sense to do so. Most times it makes more sense to double down on your most profitable sales and marketing process. Doing this alone takes significant time and effort. Spreading your efforts too thin is one of the top three reasons marketing fails.
Software Buyer's Journey
Here’s how 200+ software decision-makers say you can win their business. This study explores how to attract and convert buyers from many different industries. It covers how to get their attention, how they select which software tools will get serious consideration and how the final decision is made.
- How long does it take B2B SaaS buyers to make a decision? - July 19, 2022
- What’s going on behind the scenes of a significant SaaS purchase? - July 5, 2022
- 21 Top SaaS Influencers to Follow on Twitter in 2022 - June 28, 2022