What Triggers The Need For New B2B Software?
What triggers a software buying decision?
All software buyers fall into one of two categories:
- Early Adopters: Companies who proactively seek new and better solutions at all times.
- Stalwarts: Companies who are not interested in anything until what they have is so broken that it is affecting revenue.
These two mindsets exist outside of personas and greatly inform how your marketing funnels should be set up.
These buyer types roughly map to the five stages of technology adoption covered in books like Crossing the Chasm and elsewhere.
Action Item: Review your sales funnels from the perspective of these two buyer types. Do you have content that speaks to both? If your persona research does not include these buyer types, you are missing a major opportunity.
Full report coming soon!
- 3 Pain Points HR Leaders Will Look to Solve in 2023 - January 10, 2023
- How long does it take B2B SaaS buyers to make a decision? - July 19, 2022
- What’s going on behind the scenes of a significant SaaS purchase? - July 5, 2022